Friday, September 06, 2013

Nike Kukini Free - Brampton's Kennedy & Clarence Mall

There's an awesome store at the Kennedy & Clarence mall in Brampton that sells all sorts of sporting wear.  I can't remember the name, but its the only sports store in the entire asian mall.  They sell shoes which have "sample" in the labels, and a lot of them well priced compared to the big box stores.

I bought a pair of Nike Kukini Free shoes.  They have the Nike Free 5.0 soles and no laces.  I have an arch on my foot, and I thought that these would constrict my feet the way that my last pair of non laced shoes did - but so far, they're not so bad.

They sold the shoes for $59+tax and come in black with clear webbing and blue with clear webbing.  I bought the blue ones.  I worked them in during a Thursday commute to work, and the next day I ran 7 km in them.  Initially, the upper part dug into my ankle area, but it didn't bother me after.  On Saturday, I ran 23km in them and my feet felt perfectly fine after the run.
My last pair of shoes were the Brooks PureConnect2 in black with neon green/pink soles.  After my 3rd long run, I really started feeling the knobs in the sole, so I'm using those now as my work shoes.

No comments: